Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Let's Get to Work

The Canadian people have spoken. I totally and vehemently disagree with what they've said, and think they were very unwise to say it, but nonetheless they have spoken.

I know how you feel my friends, and I know giving up on Canada is what you feel like doing right now, but we can't do that. There is work to be done: Today is day one of the opposition to Stephen Harper's far right regime, and I need all of you to join with me in this goal. Luckily for us they've only been handed a minority government, so they won't be able to do as much damage as they would like on social issues, but with them and the Bloc holding enough seats to ram through legislation there is much damage they can do to national unity and to the economy.

It is our job to bring every single mistake they make (and they will make many -Ed.) to the light of day. In this campaign many things didn't go our way, one of the reasons was we couldn't get our message out, another was we didn't explain why our policies were so much better than the Conservatives. That is our mission now.

Let's get to work.

No comments: