Saturday, June 04, 2005

Hate to say I told you so but......

Well, well, well, it seems that those tapes that the Conservatives had alleging that Health Minister Ujall Dosanjh and the Prime Minister’s Chief of Staff Tim Murphy were doctored after all. According to an article in the Globe and Mail on Thursday night, "the Conservatives released a new version of the recordings after several experts said they appeared to have been altered. They said that a few snippets were accidentally (accidentally on purpose they mean –Ed.) removed when the recordings were digitally copied."

So it seems that the Conservatives tried to frame a Cabinet Minister and the Prime Minister’s right hand man of a crime. I’m pretty sure doing that is a crime in its own right isn’t it? Nothing would please me more than to see Gurmant Grewal, his wife, and Steven Harper led off in cuffs. But as much as I dream I know that it won’t happen. I imagine any moment now Stevie H will try to distance himself from Grewal, even though I’d bet my life he not only knew about it, but gave it his blessing. (pun intended? –Ed.) So it seems I was right all along. From the moment this story broke I knew the Conservatives had nothing, and when they released that first portion I was sure of it, because if they had something they wouldn't have released a portion that sort of made the PMCOS look bad, but kinda didn't, they would have gone for the jugular. Now the proof has come forth! Hurrah! The system does work after all.

No comments: