Monday, June 19, 2006

God Help Edmonton if the Oilers Don't Win

I have a feeling, and perhaps it's in error, that if the Oilers don't win tonight sour Edmontonians are going to "burn that fucker to the ground." I hope that I never have to find out if I'm wrong or not however, because the thought of Carolina winning the cup makes me almost as ill as the knowledge that the Tampa Bay Lightning have their names permanently etched on the holy grail of hockey.

It's been far too long since the cup returned t it's home country where it belongs. Even though I'm a fan of an American team (I was a Nords fan and then they moved to Colorado so I followed them.) I still long to see the cup return home to Canada.

1 comment:

Monkey Loves to Fight said...

I too long for the Stanley cup to return home, but with one period to go and the Oilers down to the Canes 2-0 it doesn't look good. Double overtime would be nice if they can score two goals in the third period.