Friday, June 16, 2006

The Bible Thumpers Prepare For War

Link

When, OH WHEN dear reader will religious groups stop trying to impose their beliefs on to everyone else? As a follow up to my previous story I'm sad to report that the bible thumpers are once again arming for war on the Sunday Shopping front here in Nova Scotia, or as I'm currently calling it "Little Province on the Prarie."

I shouldn't be suprised, these ignorant jackasses think that because they want something everyone else should too. I ask what harm would there be in businesses opening on Sunday? How would effect their lives AT ALL if they chose not to shop on those days? The law that was proposed would make it so workers could not be forced to work on Sundays, so how would it effect them at all? The answer is it wouldn't, but that doesn't stop them from sticking their noses in to other people's business. These people are the scum of the Earth in my opinion, and frankly I don't care who knows it. If being a busy body who constantly harrasses other people and tries to force them by law to do what I want them to do is the only ticket to Heaven, I'll contently burn in Hell.

3 comments:

Monkey Loves to Fight said...

I fully support Sunday Shopping. I also think some conservatives are being hypocrits here. I thought conservatives were supporters of the free market. If they truly believe in the free market, they would believe it is up to each business, not the government to decide on whether to allow Sunday shopping or not. However, the Conservatives today are not libertarians, rather they believe in less government when it benefits them, but more government when it benefits them.

Monkey Loves to Fight said...

SSM: Its about giving gays and lesbians the right to marry if they love each other. If you don't like it, don't get married to another person of the same gender. Its not your business to tell two same sex people who love each other they cannot get married.

Kyoto Protocol: The protocol has its flaws, but let me ask you, should we just continue to pollute and wreck the planet and let us all suffer?

Childcare Plan: I can at least understand the Conservatives on this one. However, I should point out that the ten provinces who signed the deals can opt out if they choose to do so. Also how is $1,200 with no strings attached any better?

Hishighness said...

Miles you took the words right outta my mouth.

Just to add to his points, seriously we're not forcing anything on anyone, we're "allowing" people of the same gender to get married, are we forcing you to marry someone of the same gender? No. Are you forcing me and people like me to not be able to shop on Sundays? Yes.