Wednesday, October 04, 2006

SANITY WINS!!!

Wooooooooooo Hooooooooooooo! Halleujah! SUNDAY SHOPPING HAS COME TO NOVA SCOTIA!!!! YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAA!

Story 1
Story 2

Oh, this is such a great day for those of us who are sick and tired of religion sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. To be honest, I didn't think I would see the day anytime soon, but thank GOD for Sobeys and Superstore, who took on the corrupt theocracial Progressive Conservative government and won the day!

Oh, I'm so happy right now. Finally this long fight is over, finally I'll be able to get grocieries or go to the mall or get supplies for my projects on Sundays like the rest of the freakin civilized world. I know it must sound ridiculous to those of you who already have Sunday Shopping and have had it for a long time, you've probably grown to take it for granted. But here in Nova Scotia if you needed something you couldn't get in a corner store on Sunday you were Shit out of luck, no longer.

Now, there is a caveat, they've set Rememberance day as the only day they need to be closed. And I've got no problem with that, Rememberance day isn't some bullshit religious holiday. For my money it's our most sacred of holidays.

Now, I'm sure the radical right, bible thumping, loony toons will try to get this overturned, but they won't succeed, and they can kiss my ass and burn in Hell for all I care. They've made Sundays a miserable, boring day here in Nova Scotia for far, far too long. This isn't aimed at all religious people, it's aimed at the assholes who try to force their religion on others.

Finally, the government is going to start moving toward protecting employees so they can't be forced to work on Sunday, and I'm 100% in favor of that. Because unlike those on the other side I actually give a shit about how they feel. I'm a proponent of the Charter of Rights, and as such I can't just pick and choose the parts I like like they do. So I'm fully for making laws so that those who wish to worship on Sunday are able to do so as they please, without fear of losing their job. I just hope the government doesn't settle for just Sunday, What about those who worship on other days?

But for now, we've won. And thank GOD for that.

No comments: