Thursday, April 21, 2011

Harpercrisy



Interviewer: I've just got a moment left, but I know that what you've advocated is perhaps a coalition of right wing parties that somehow they might have a chance. It's not likely to happen I guess before the next federal election expected this year. Who do you think's gonna win?

Stephen Harper: Well, it would really surprise me at the moment if the Liberals didn't get the most seats, I mean judging from all the, not just the polling data but the fact they have such a wide coalition. The way the Liberals I think are eventually gonna lose office whether it's in this election or the next one is they're gonna fail to win a majority. They basically lost Quebec and without Quebec the Liberal party has never been a majority party in this country. And that's where I think you're gonna face someday a minority parliament with the Liberals maybe having the largest number of seats and what will be the test is then whether there's any party in opposition that's able to form a coalition or working alliance with, with the others, and I think we have a political system that's gonna continue to have three or four different parties or five different parties and so I think that parties that want to form government are gonna have to eventually learn to work together.

Interviewer: Ok, we know where your vote is, on the right. Stephen Harper thanks so much.

No comments: